Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Why I Never Cook the Same Thing Twice

The other day at dinner my daughter announced that she thought I should write my own cookbook. (That was part of the catalyst for me to start the blog.) My husband joked that it should be called "Never Eat the Same Thing Twice!" Me, not making the same thing twice, is partly due to my love of diversity but really more I just because I forget how I made what and if everyone liked it or not. You see, I start with a recipe but rarely follow it. Most of my dishes are inspired by a recipe (or three) and then I modify it to make it easier, healthier, more economical, or because I don't have on hand what the recipes called for. I'm excited to share my ideas on the blog but really I also think this is such a great place to keep track of everything so I don't have to be so "creative" at every meal!

No comments:

Post a Comment