Monday, June 27, 2011

Whole Wheat Spaghetti with Cabbage + Walnuts

Walnuts are good for your heart and your mood. 


Today's recipe is not kid tested but I think absolutely refreshing and delicious. This is a meal I made for myself on my family's "meat" night. The recipe made enough for my dinner and lunch the next day. Just double the recipe for a family meal.

Prepare pasta:
  • Cook 1/2 box whole wheat spaghetti

Make the veggie saute:

  • Warm 1 Tb. butter (or oil of choice) in a large skillet
  • Slice 1/2 head celery cabbage or (savoy cabbage) into ribbons and add to the skillet
  • Toss in a handful of walnuts (pine nuts or slivered almonds would also be good)


Prepare the dressing:
In a small bowl whisk together:
  • 2 tsp. lemon juice
  • 2 tsp. djion mustard
  • 1 tsp. sea salt

To serve:
  • Combine pasta, cabbage and dressing
  • Top with grated Parmasean cheese

No comments:

Post a Comment