Tuesday, January 31, 2012

5 Minute Breakfast Rice

Not being a big "breakfast person," my first meal (or really rather a snack, I suppose) has to be quick, easy, and light. This little bowl is packed full of energy and goes down easily. I usually make a batch of rice once a week to toss into quick little meals for myself: "porridges" for breakfast, pilafs, rice salads, and stir-frys for lunch. That way eating healthy is always easy. This is the base recipe with this mornings  toppings of choice. Feel free to fill your breakfast rice with anything that sets your sails alight. 

  • Warm a skillet over medium heat.
  • Add a portion of left-over rice.
  • Splash on a little milk of your choice ~ soy for me today
  • Add a few dashes of spice ~ I'm using a sprinkling of cinnamon, cardamom, and ginger which are my winter "sweet" staples
  • Stir in a handful of fixin's ~ today it's a handful or organic raspberries and a few chopped raw almonds
That's it. Now go ahead and make it a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment